Tuesday, December 18, 2007

In the Nick of Time

This year our family decided to draw names. We would have one year (or so we were supposed to) to get gifts for the person we had. My mom made stockings for everyone this month! I couldn't believe it. It is crazy how fast time flies by. I should have been packing away gifts throughout the year so I was more prepared!

Today I got my sister's gift together (I had to mail hers). Well I had 5 minutes to get to the post office and mail her package! Lucky me I made it there just in time.

What stalled me... well we are suppose to add something to the stocking each year. Eventually it will have all these little things attached to it, making it an heirloom.

So I made my sister a snowman ornament. She wont be able to use it, only because it is supposed to stay on the stocking. So I made it and quickly finished it up (today) just before I drove to the post office and ran inside with the package.

The PO man laughed at me. There was tape hanging off of the package. Ha Ha! I told him I was in a hurry and that I didn't want to miss the chance to mail it off.

Well I wanted to show you the ornament I made...
Here is my amigurumi snowman.


This is my very first softie!! Whoo Hoo... Go me!! >.<

Lucky me I had just read a tutorial earlier this month that futuregirl has available on her blog. She also has a tutorial: Embroider on Felt that I plan to try out. If I had more time I would have implemented the idea with this ornament.

I really love how the little guy turned out! I plan to make more just for my tree... yes, it will probably be for next year.

1 comment:

futuregirl said...

You snowman is super cute! Love those eyebrows. :) I always have weird tape hanging off my packages, too ...